Question

Is there a way to loop back to search steps if there is an error?

• 22 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I am running a zap which triggers when a catch a hook is received.

One the webhook is received, the next step is to search a google sheet for a Yes value and return a number in a column. Following this, the next step is to mark that Yes as No.

After this, it sends a webhook to passkit to create a member. 

It all works fine except for when we have an influx of people signing up… We have seen multiple people signing up at the same time and getting the same value in google sheets as there hasn’t been enough time to update the value to No. This then causes the passkit step to fail as the member already exists. 

I would love to be able to rerun the search steps if it fails BUT those steps were in theory, completed.

Is there a way to reun or loop back to that if there is an error OR is there a way I can provide a list of predetermined codes to use.

Cheers,

Jordan

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jordy1234 

In this case, you might want to use a Delay After Queue action from Delay by Zapier app right after the trigger, this will ensure that all runs are processed in sequential order, one after another.

Read more here: https://zapier.com/blog/zapier-delay-guide/#DAQ:~:text=turn%20it%20on!-,Delay%20After%20Queue,-Select%20Delay%20After