Question

Dialpad message not saving to Google Sheets

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to setup so that each time I receive a text message to a dialpad number that the text message is saved in a Google Sheet. Everything works EXCEPT there is never any content in the message saved. When I test the trigger the text always populates in the Sheet the way it should. however, whenever I run the Zap with a live text it logs everything EXCEPT the message. It’s driving me NUTS. Has anyone else had this experience and figured out a way round it?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Shuggy 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured with the variables mapped between the Zap steps.

Help article about changing the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

@Troy Tessalone

I’ve uploaded a screen shot of the spreadsheet with two lines, one is the test data (it says its from Test Contact) and one is the real data that I sent a text to the number that has been integrated, as you can see there is no “text” in the live-fire example, even though there was “this is a test please ignore” but for some reason its not seeing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Shuggy 

The screenshots don’t appear to have uploaded correctly.