Question

How do I check if the date is 10 days before current date with an if statement?

• 25 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello, I have a question, I want to do an if with a date field that the condition is met if the date is 10 days before the current date, would you know how to do it? Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vicarino 

Can you please explain the workflow more? For example, what happens if the date is not 10 days ago? And where is the date coming from? Is there a Today field in the incoming data?

Hello, yes, the date data comes from mailparser.io and I already have it. What I want is to put certain variables in an excel if the date is from now or 10 days before, I don't know if I'm explaining myself well.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, then in this case you would want to insert a formatter step before the Filter. Since you are ysing the email parser this means you are receiving the email Today (so we have the Today date in the result of the Trigger). Use the Compare Date in the formatter to get the number of days between both dates you want to compare. Then in the filter, use Number (greater than / less than, depending on what you need). 

Does that make sense?

Ok, I already formatted the date that comes from mailparser but now when doing the condition, what variable do I use to put the current date minus 10 days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vicarino 

Please show me the Formatter step details and output. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The setup should be Compare Dates, enter both dates (you should find the Today date already in the trigger, which is the date received for example). 

The result will be the difference of the dates. Using this output then you use it in the filter

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Vicarino, checking in! Were you able to setup the dates properly and get this Zap up and working?