Best answer

Code Timeout Issue in Zap

• 28 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a zap that makes an API call that takes 10+ seconds. Triggering it via python code. The API is responding in about 5-15 seconds, but the zap is ending prematurely do to timeout when it takes >10 seconds. How can I extend the timeout for a zap to 20 seconds or so? 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 4 January 2023, 05:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Joseph,

As you've spotted, I'm afraid Code steps have a timeout window of 10 seconds. I've gone ahead and added your email to an active feature request to increase the timeout window, so that we can notify you if this does become available.

In the meantime, if you find that the API you're calling consistently needs longer than 10 seconds intermittently, your best bet may be to create a private app via our Developer Platform, which has a 30-second timeout window. More info here: https://zapier.com/developer/
I hope this helps out!

So sorry this may not be the news you were hoping to hear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there - super belated but I wanted to pop in and mention code step timeouts have been increased! 🎉

Currently the limits are as follows:

Free plan users:

• You can run scripts of up to 1 second and 128 MB of RAM. 
  • Code steps are limited to 10 runs every 60 seconds.

Trial and Starter users:

• You can run scripts of up to 10 second and 256 MB of RAM. 
  • Code steps are limited to 75 runs every 10 seconds.

Professional, Team and Company users:

• You can run scripts of up to 30 second and 256 MB of RAM. 
  • Code steps are limited to 75 runs every 10 seconds.

Your Zap will error if it exceeds these limits. You can also see those limits listed here.

Hope this helps and happy zapping! ⚡️