Question

How do I add a prospect as a new contact in PipeDrive from Expandi, personalize the email message, and update Apollo?

• 5 August 2022
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

So I’m looking for a way to automate some of the repetitive tasks I find myself doing each week, but before I bite the bullet and sign up, I wanted to ask the community if I understand Zapier correctly.

I’m using Expandi as a LinkedIn outreach tool, Pipedrive as a CRM, Apollo for email sequences and G-Suite for productivity.

When I make a new connection using Expandi, I plan to tag them. That tag will act as a trigger for the following actions:

1. Prospect is added as new contact in Pipedrive (after checking if already exists)
  2. Details are enriched in Apollo with work email address and/or phone number
  3. Personalised outreach email sent with ‘thanks for connecting message’
  4. Prospect added to sequence in Apollo

If all these are straightforward enough, then a simple “yes, all these are possible in Zapier” reply would be appreciated! I’ll cross the bridge of how exactly to set it up in due course, but any relevant links to tutorials would be appreciated!

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @al-danger-duncan!

Thanks for your question, I’ll try to break down each piece of what you’re looking to do. 

Zapier doesn’t currently have an integration for Expandi, so that is a bit of a hurdle. You can trigger Zaps through things like emails, so if you get an email notification when you add the tag, you could use that to trigger a Zap (start the workfow). Alternatively, if you’re technically minded and Expandi has an API, you might be able to use that to connect Expandi to Zapier that way. 

Assuming that you can get the information from Expandi to Zapier, numbers 1-3 above are possible:

1. Create a new contact in Pipedrive (after checking if one already exist)
  2. Updating a contact in Apollo
  3. Sending an email to the contact (using an app like Gmail) 

It’s not currently possible to add a prospect to a sequence in Apollo using the Apollo Zapier integration. There is a feature request for that addition, let me know if you’d like me to add you to that feature request and I can add your vote for it, which also means that you’ll get an email if we have an update. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @Danvers 

Thanks so much for your reply. I decided to go ahead and sign up! 

I’m using a webhook to pass information out of Expandi and into Pipedrive using a zap. I’m then using Pipedrive automation to trigger an email send when a contact is added that meets certain conditions. 

However, it would be great to add them to an Apollo sequence so happy for you to add me to the feature request 👍

Badge +3

Hi @al-danger-duncan 

Glad to hear you’ve decided to join Zapier! Exciting! 

I have gone ahead, added your email to the list of interested users for this new feature, and alerted our team in charge of this integration, so that they can review this feature request further. While I can't provide an ETA for when this new feature might be implemented, we will reach out to you via email once it is. For the time being, we're going to have to ask you to hang tight on this—really sorry for the hassle here!

If there's anything we can do for you in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out. You can get some other ideas on how you might be able to use Zapier while you're waiting on an update here, as well: https://zapier.com/learn/101-ways-to-use-zapier 

Moving forward, you can also request for a new feature is by contact the Zapier Support Team using the Get help form:https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

Would love to be updated on this as well.