Best answer

Access token expiring for OAuth 2 app - how to use Webhooks

• 16 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

i was creating a powerful zap where I am using zapier storage and zapier webhook, I connected it with an application snov.io - but their access token expires after 3600s so I have to get it every time before do reuqest to snov.io by API.

Which option should I use in Zapier to configure this zap to get access token from snov.io every time before do request which requeries new token?

I was trying to create step before request which action is GET, in set up action I am using custom url from snov.io API with a few query params their requeires. (xyz → changed for screenshot purposes). In test action reponse is success, access_token is new, token_type: bearer, expires_in: 3600.

Now what should I do to post the new one access token to next step automation which is GET action too?

In next step when I use GET action to send the right query to snov.io where I paste new token from previous step in headers the app returned “Unauthenticated” but I dont know why, because in headers is new token access - each attempt to execute "Retest & Continue" ends with an authorization error.

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 16 June 2021, 14:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @filipoinzagi ,

Your platform Snov uses I believe Oauth 2.0, which requires the generation of timed access token as you mentioned. There are several ways you can work it out:

1. Using Custom App: You can build a custom app for Snov by following this doc: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/oauth and this app will take care of Oauth and you’ll be able to make any GET call
  2. Using other Authentication system: Check with your platform if they support other method of Authentication like JWT token, you should be able to get one access token that never expires
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @filipoinzagi 

In the second GET request, you will need to include an Authorization Header. If your token is valid, then it should looks something like the below. 

If you need more assistance, please follow the API docs for Snov https://snov.io/api#Authentification