Best answer

Zapier only loads 100 Tags for MailChimp

Userlevel 1

I have a lot of complicated automations in MailChimp and use it almost like a CRM (we are in the process of changing that soon). I have about 200 Tags in MailChimp but Zapier only loads 100 when I attempt to set up a Zap. Anyone else have this issue or find a workaround?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Matt Hill 30 August 2020, 03:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! I’ve not experienced this myself. Is it blocking you from doing anything at the moment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

WORKAROUND: The ID of the Tag in Mailchimp is the Name of the Mailchimp Tag, so you can set the Tag to be applied by using the Custom option instead of selecting from the returned list in the Zap step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thanks so much. I wanted it to work, but when I paste in the numerical ID for the Tag, I get an error: “Resource Not Found - The requested resource could not be found.”

I nabbed the ID by copying it out of the URL when visiting that tag in Mailchimp. 

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: This approach was wrong – that was the list ID. I cannot find any documentation that shows how to find the unique ID for a tag. Also, when I paste in just the character sof the tag “season6” it returns the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Use the Tag Name not the Tag ID

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I did that got got the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can you provide screenshots of how you have the Zap Step setup?

Userlevel 1

Sure. Thanks for offering to help (very appreciated!)

Userlevel 1

UPDATE: I submitted support requests to both Mailchimp and Zapier. 

Zapier replied quickly and with three viable, helpful options. The third one was providing a list of our Tags and IDs. Pasting in the ID for the tag worked after I re-ran the Zap.

@Troy Tessalone I really appreciate you taking time to assist (and share originally). You have me hope I could solve this in under a day.

Userlevel 1

FYI: Had the same problem -- tags being pulled stop at 100 for some reason -- and this discussion was very  helpful. @Troy Tessalone @Matt Hill thanks much. @andywingrave this seems to be a real thing.

I have the same issue, but I honestly don’t get where you found the ID for the tag :sweat_smile::sweat:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Chrisi!

Getting the list is something we’d have to do from our end. We have a roundabout way of doing it. If you contact our Support team and let them know that you’d like to get a list of the tags and their IDs they should be able to help you out :)