Best answer

Zapier Changing Product IDs???

• 5 February 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know why Zapier would change a product ID field? I am importing Shopify IDs from a custom Woocommerce field. Everything works until the end of the Zap when it sends the line items to create a Shopify order. Zapier is changing the values, thus rendering the entire Zap useless, because the IDs dont match. Can someone please tell if the screenshot is correct, and what is happening?? Thanks

P.S. I am not inputting a variant ID as we are not using variants (though we will in the future), but would that have any effect?

Annotation 2020-02-04 223837.png

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 February 2020, 09:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@constantconcepts

When you say "Zapier in changing the values", can you elaborate on this? Is it completely changing the ID, or is it just adding/removing characters from it?

A screenshot from your History tab showing a time the zap ran and how the two values changed would be very useful!

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response:

image.pngeverything is fine here, in Product ID, and then...

image.pngit changes here.

I don't get it, and it renders the entire process useless...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @constantconcepts! Thanks for sharing the task history screenshot with us - that does look odd doesn't it?

From the Zap and task history screenshot, I can't see anything obviously wrong, so I think that one of the Support team needs to take a look at your Zap and its logs to get to the bottom of this.

I've escalated this ticket to the Support queue and one of the team will be in touch via email to help you with it as soon as possible.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! This is a huge problem we've been stuck on for two weeks, and just now realized this was happening after alot of digging.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh no, how frustrating! Fingers crossed you and the Support Team can get to the bottom of this soon.

Userlevel 3

Hey! any updates on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @markymark - we're still looking into this with @constantconcepts - we'll loop back here with what we find!

Userlevel 3

@Danvers thanks! I contacted Zapier support and here's what they suggested:

I created a Lookup Table under Formatter -> Utilities. Then I mapped the products to the Shopify IDs, and it works well for the most part. The limitation is that the products are not actually matched on Shopify's back end, as in, they don't display images on the invoice/inside the order (since they're not matched and Shopify doesn't know what they are), which means the inventory isn't tracked also. I suppose I'm missing some other things that this doesn't do due to not matching the products.

Hope this was helpful – let me know if you have a better solution!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @markymark I can see that the Support team is working with via email you to try to understand why the IDs didn't match in Shopify, fingers crossed they'll be able to get to the bottom of things with you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To give y'all an update on this - the ID's looked off because when Shopify wasn't finding the product from the information sent in the Zap.

We worked out that this was happening because Shopify needs both a valid Product ID and Variant ID in order to successfully find the product. When both of those were supplied, the Create Order step worked as expected!