Question

Zap saves file twice in OneDrive - any idea why?

• 9 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hiya, I have two Zaps running. They each take an automated email report from our point-of-sale software and save it to OneDrive. Twice in the last two weeks, the report has been saved into OneDrive twice, duplicating the data. The report is sent out every Sunday morning at 4am and I can see that Zapier has saved it to OneDrive immediately. But strangely it then saved it again at 6pm.

According to my Zap log, it was only dealt with once. I've double-checked the reporting settings within the point-of-sale software and it's just set to send one email per Zap. So it looks like the problem is either Zapier or OneDrive.

Any ideas anyone please?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MattP If your Zap's task history only shows that the file was saved once, then it's safe to assume that it will only have been sent once by Zapier.

To make sure that there's nothing else going on, could I ask a couple of questions? Are there any error messages for that task? Are the timestamps on the task all for the right time (Sunday morning at 4am)? And If you search the task history for the details of that email, do they only show once? If there are no error messages, no extra tasks and the timestamps are all correct then you can say with a good degree of certainty that the issue wasn't with that Zap.

Do you have any other Zaps that are set to copy files between folders in OneDrive? Or any automations built into OneDrive that may have caused the duplicate file?

Userlevel 1

Thanks.

No there are no error messages.

The timestamp on the task is 4am.

However yes when I search the task history I see two entries - one for 4am and one for 6pm.

Yes I have another Zap that saves a file into a different OneDrive folder, but not to copy between folders. There are no OneDrive automations.

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Matt, I’m really sorry that I missed your reply here! If the Zap has two tasks, that means that it was triggered twice. So you’ll need to take a look at the app that’s triggering the Zap to figure out why that happened twice. What trigger are you using? You mention that it takes an email report from your Point of Sale software - is it triggering from the email or from something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MattP!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)