Best answer

Zap error with Quickbooks Create invoice action

• 30 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Certified Zapier Expert
  • 3 replies

Hey,

My client is creating hundreds of invoices automatically every days on Quickbooks using Zapier.

Suddenly since this morning (October 30, 2020) , all the tasks are returning an error “A business validation error has occurred while processing your request” coming from the Quickbooks create invoice step.

There is no incident reported on Quickbooks.

I guess they made an update on the API.

Anyone is facing the same issue?

Thanks

Noam

icon

Best answer by Noam 4 November 2020, 20:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Noam 

Typically when I’ve had these errors before, it means there is some formatting issue with one of the line item fields - is there any chance the input values/source formatting might have changed recently?

Either way, I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Quick update for you and the community: We finally found the issue. It was on Quickbooks side.

Basically Quickbooks generated an invoice number for each receipt coming from stripe, so QB could not create an invoice using an auto-generated number as the invoice number was taken by the receipt previously generated for the same transaction...

Quickbooks don’t even bother to give us a proper error message explaining what’s wrong - Not even by the API but also on the UI itself. I would not recommend to use  Quickbooks if you want to automate your invoicing process with Zapier.