Best answer

Would like to create an airtable/excel database linked to my company's backend airtable database. Is this doable?

• 2 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I have an app based business that sells memberships for other businesses. My app has an airtable database. I would like to have the ability to create another spreadsheet (for my customers) that is linked up to my company’s so when they enter data it automatically transfers over to mine. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 6 December 2020, 21:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I believe this should be possible. It really just depends how you would want it built. One option could be base syncing. https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052521254-Airtable-Sync-Basic-setup 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! Just to follow up on this one..Syncing does work but it’s actually structured in such a way that it supports one-to-many (i.e. your base to others) better than many-to-one (i.e. many bases feeding into yours) just now. 

My actual recommendation here (as someone who uses Airtable for literally everything would be to create a master database, and share views with your customers, bearing in mind that you may need to restrict access to edit some fields.