Best answer

Webhoook GET maximum output ceiling

• 28 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey there! I have a question about a webhook im running. I discovered that webhooks only bring the first 100 items found, while I try to get more than 1000 items, is there a way to increase or solve this?

If you dont understand what I mean with items, here is a picture for explaining:

As you can see it loads “data” from 0-99, and all the records after 99 are not returned. Hope you can help!

Best,

Frisse Blikken

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 24 November 2020, 14:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What app are you using?

Are you using the Webhook app as a trigger step or as an action step?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

I am using the Webhook as an action step, I am requesting data from a platform and this cant be done with a webhook-trigger step unfortunatelly. The way it looks right now is:

1. Triggers with new row in google sheets (which I trigger manually)
  2. GET Webhook that request data from Simplicate (platform)
  3. Add new google sheet rows (with line-item support)

Problem now is though, that I only het the first 100 record while there are thousands, you understand what I mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Why do you need all the records returned?
The API may offer some ability to filter/search for records to narrow down the list.

Otherwise it appears the record is limiting results to 100 per page, meaning you may have to query more pages to get all the records returned.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Troy Tessalone True, but I need like 1700/100.000, so I'm already filtering. So yes, that seems to be the case. What do you mean with query? If there a way to significantly do that? I mean, i could make 17 step for example, but I dont want to risk that 1 step is supposed to get 101 (and only gets 100) and the other one get 99.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The 100 limit is likely enforced on the API side, rather than Zapier.

The API may offer the ability to return more than 100 records using a parameter/value in the API request, but you’d have to default to the APIs documentation to determine that capability.

Again, if the API limits the number of records returned per page, then you’d have to iterate thru each page to get the total number of records returned for the API request.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay, so I should be asking this question on the other side.. Is there a way to determine how many “pages” there are when requesting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check the API documentation.

Check the returned response, it may indicate how many pages and records there are total, and how to request the next page of results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Frisse Blikken 

Just checking in - did you manage to get this sorted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Frisse Blikken, Just to further clarify the situation @Troy Tessalone explained. It is a limit on the Simplicate api. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. Here is a link to the page if you’d like to learn more. https://developer.simplicate.com/getting-started#pagination