Best answer

How do I use Zapier to update Google Sheets worksheet template and send certain results by email?

• 1 August 2020
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

hello,

I’m looking for the following solution: the web form on my websites integrates to the CRM package via zapier. that works perfect. Now the data entered in the webform can be used to calculate a price, based on a template google sheet.

what I would like to do is the following : send the parameters from the webform via zapier to a google sheet. this sheet should calculate a price and send a result via mail to a destination.

is this possible ? is I get some hints, I think I can do it….

many thanks for the help

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 August 2020, 02:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dirk-viprent!

That sounds like it should be possible :) The key to this is that in the Zap you have to create the formulas right there in the editor, where you can also map values that came from your trigger step. Here’s an example of what I mean:

In that post you can see that I’ve added formulas in the Zap, and that after that step runs I’m able to use the output of that formula. In my case, it was modifying text but you can use numbers as well.

Hopefully that helps to get you started!

sounds interesting, but the formulas I need are more complex and require lookups in tables etc. I ‘m investigating the following :

(step 1) from the input form on my website via ZAPier - fill in a line in a google spreadsheed (existing one);

(step 2) the calculation is done in the sheet (automatically, based on the parameters in the sheet)

(step 3) :  the result should be send via email.

I think this should be possible :there is a ZAP to fill a line in an existing google sheet; and there is a zap that allows to send a mail based on a row in a google sheet; but is the combination possible

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dirk-viprent!

That sounds like it might be 2 separate Zaps then.

1. One of the Zaps triggers on a form submission, finds a row in Google Sheets and updates it.
  2. Then another Zap triggers on a Google Sheets row update (or maybe you’re creating a new row) then sends an email.

Does that sound like what you’re trying to do?