Best answer

Missing data from Facebook to Google Sheets

• 15 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

When a new data comes in from Facebook, I link in to Google Sheets via Zapier. But somehow, the data is not entirely translated into my Google Sheets (i.e. there’s missing data such as names). From Google Sheets, I link to ClickSend and Google Contacts. But there’s missing data in Google Contacts. It’s a chain effect and all these are via Zapier.

Hence, how do I solve this issue of missing data when I link FB to Google Sheets using Zapier?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 9 December 2020, 16:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how you have your Zap steps configured.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, my Zap steps are configured in this way:

The problem lies in the Steps 1 to 2, which then rollover to affect my Step 5.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please include screenshots of how each Zap step is configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, these are how my steps are configured:

(have hidden some info as they’re confidential, but otherwise, the steps are configured as below)

Can’t add more spreadsheet rows to tally what’s in our Google Sheets

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The redacted info in the screenshots makes it hard to troubleshoot.

Without knowing what exact data points are missing on what Zap step we can only provide suggestions about what to troubleshooot.

Would need specific examples in order to help more.

Other things to check...

1. Are all the FB Lead Ad forms collecting First Name, Last Name, etc.?
  2. Are some FB Lead Ad forms sending Full Name vs others sending First Name & Last Name?
  3. Have you checked the Zapier Task History Details to understand the DATA IN/OUT for each step?: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Perhaps put a filter step in place to check that required fields are being sent from FB Lead Ads.

When in doubt, test it out and follow the data trail to troubleshoot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @TPR ,

Circling back here as I see you were in touch with Clint in Support and, in an effort to help other members who may have a similar question, want to share their response. 

Hoping you’re squared away but if you have any additional questions, just reply back to the thread you had going wit Clint!

It looks like the issue here is that the Lead from the Facebook Lead Ads trigger that was used to build the Zap contained different field names than real live data does. 

You can follow these steps to get the correct fields matched:

1. Go to the Find Data step in the Zap trigger, open the dropdown, and click “Load More”
  2. Once you have a new Lead, go to your action step(s) and replace the fields that don't have any data with ones that do
  3. Test the Zap to make sure it's still working and turn it back on