Question

Updated Field on Record Salesforce

• 18 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We are integrating two Salesforce instance. But, I am facing issue in Updated Field on Record. When I reopened the status of the record, but zap is not triggered.

For Example,

1. Contact with Stage as None, In-Progress and Completed.
  2. I am moving contact information from one system to another system if stage as In-Progress and Completed.
  3. I moved one Contact information from one system to another system successfully through Zapier Updated Field on Record.
  4. Again, I made Stage as None, In-Progress and Completed for same Contact (Re-open). During this time, Zapier is not triggering.

Expectation : Its should be trigger the zap again

Please tell me why again zapier is not triggering for same record with following status ?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check to see if the Zap triggered but resulted in an error here Zapier Task History: https://zapier.com/app/history

I’m running into this same issue I think.

I have a zap that triggers on a Salesforce field update, which works fine exactly one time. 

If I clear out the field, then try to set it at a later time to “re-trigger” the zap, the zap never retriggers.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. I can’t get Zapier to fire again even if I reset the field, wait, and then update it back to the trigger value.

I do not see a task in Zapier at all.

Hi same issue. We have Salesforce App with trigger “Updated Record in Salesforce”. When I update Salesforce field  in Account object, Zap is not trigger.  Here are settings of the Zap:

app > Salesforce
trigger event > updated record
---
account > Salesforce account
---
trigger:
Salesforce Object > Account

Some details

• test account connection - account is connected
  • see task history - shows that zap was not triggered after Record update
  • run Zap manually - in this case all steps are performed - It does recognise the most recent record
  • test step in edit mode - same as above -  It does recognise the most recent record.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi all! Just adding an update for those who may be traveling across this post and running into a similar issue.  

At this time, the Salesforce > Updated Field on Record trigger does not support triggering multiple times per Salesforce record when the Field Updated to value repeatedly sees the same value. This is due to deduplication, and how Zaps are designed to identify new data to trigger from. We’ve got some more info if you’d like to learn more here: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/data-deduplication-in-zaps