Best answer

Update any.do task from Google Calendar

• 24 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to update tasks in Any.do.

I'm currently using a zap to create an any.do task when I create a Google calendar event. But I can't find the zap that will allow me to update the task that corresponds to my event when I move it.

For example, I create a Google calendar event on Monday. My actual Zap creates a task on Monday in Any.do. I move the event to Friday in Google, I would like the task to move automatically in the same way in Any.do. Any zap that would do this?

Thank you so much!

V.

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 24 February 2020, 11:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Small

I think you can achieve that using a 3 steps zap.

Trigger: Google Calendar - New or Updated Event.

Step 2: Any.do - Find Task to find the task ID that matches the updated event. (Google Calendar event and the task title on Any.do must match).

Step 3: Any.do - Update task.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ikbelkirasan,

Thank you so much for your answer!

I hadn't thought of this option but it could work effectively. The solution you suggest means that each event must be attached to a specific zap (because of the name of the task sought), right? Do you think it's possible that this works with any event randomly in the calendar?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Small - This solution should work with any event in the calendar as long as there is a task in Any.do with the same title as the calendar event.

Userlevel 1

OK thank you!

I'm gonna try it and let you know if it works.

👍️

Userlevel 1

Hi!

The technique almost works. I can move a task when I call it with an ID from my Zap. But I can't move a random task in the calendar.

The other problem is that Any.do places the moved task in the "Someday" list, even if I move the task to tomorrow.