Best answer

True/False fields between Webflow/Airtable via Zapier

• 6 May 2020
  • 3 replies

I can’t seem to get True/False fields to send properly between Airtable/Webflow via Zapier.

In a zap I have set up, when a new row is created in Airtable, my second step is to Update Live Item in Webflow. One True/False field is titled “This Week?” which acts like a manual “featured” section. Below, I set it to be custom/dynamic based on the value from the first trigger:

I then complete the rest of Customize Item and whenever I move to Send Data then return to Customize Item, the zap becomes overwritten with a constant value from Webflow “True”

When I test the zap, the test case sends “true”. However, when I turn on the zap, every single trigger sends True rather than being based on the dynamic content of that field. If I change my test case to be false, the same thing happens but with false.

My main question is how do I get the zap to be based on dynamic content rather than defaulting to a constant value.

On a separate but related note, I notice that Webflow doesn’t send True/False or Option fields via Zapier. Should I avoid using these altogether?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by alavery2 20 May 2020, 00:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you send us a screenshot of the zap set-up? Sadly I’d need to take a look at this before I’d be able to diagnose.

Sorry about that. The screenshots don’t seem to be embedding correctly when I post.

In the attachments, you’ll see that this is the second step of the zap where I “Update Live Item” in Webflow. The first attachment shows the correct dynamic value from Airtable for `This Week?`, but when I click `^ Customize Item` to close the section and then re-open that same section, you’ll see in the second attachment how the value changes to become a static constant from Webflow for `This Week?`.

Thanks for your help. Happy to send along more.

Turned out to be a bug with boolean fields, which was promptly fixed by Zapier within a couple days!