Question

Trello zaps

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi I am trying to set the following zap with Trello - its a Trello to Trello zap with several paths

When a card is moved to a list on one board (Board A)

Find a card on another board  (Board  B based on the field in Board A

Create a new card in Board C with data from both the Moved Card and the found Card

I have 2 issues:

1- What item do I select so the Checklist (with all the items) from Board B will be added to the new card

2- The custom field on board C are being modified by the new card - any way to avoid that?

I hope this make sense

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @crelis ,

Thanks for reaching out- happy to help!

Would you mind sharing a screen shot of your configuration to help us understand your set up a bit better? Then we can dig in from there!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank for replying Liz (hope you are keeping safe) - I did managed to progress a little (I am quite a novice on both Zapier and Trello)

What I still cannot figure out is how to do the following:

A - Create the new card based on a template card? or

B - How to add a  an existing check list (with all the items) to a newly created card?

Thanks so much

Coby

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I think I got it! but I still need some help

This is the overall zap 

step 2 find the correct template card

Step 4 is the copying the checklist

however the results card includes two item that should not be there so I am not sure what i should put in step 4 customizing the list 

I added the card screen shot with the extra items - hope you can help of just let me know how to correctly customize the list copy (should be the list found in step 2 would like to add the list name and list items ONLY :)  Thank you so much for just reading this...

step 4

Extra unwanted items highlighted

This post was edited by a moderator to remove personal information from a screenshot. Please be careful not to include personal or private information in your posts. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

That was a test with fake data so we can see what is happening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @crelis ,

Thank you for the screenshots! It looks like the item with the ID ending ‘6e0a’ is appearing because it is included within the checklist items, which do not accept custom values

For the item ending in ‘6849’ we may have to dig deeper! Could you double check that this ID wasn’t anywhere else in the Zap when it ran? 

Will be on the lookout for your response so we can get you squared away! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you so much !!!

I did manage to figure the second issue out (the checklist id was also mentioned in step 3 in error)

This all experience also brought up another question

Is there an easy way to reset a zapper? I changed the target board name (in Trello) and the zap got “confused” beyond repair (I had to recreate it to solve the issue). Just doesn't seem that recreating a zap will be the solution so if there is a way, I  appreciate a tip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@crelis 

When you say ‘reset’ a zap, how exactly do you envisage this? I want to make sure I understand what you’d like here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am not sure… but in few instances (after making changes to the board like its name) I was not able to get the new data to update the zap so the only way was to recreate the same zap again - As a new zapper… it may as well be me making a silly error and not realizing it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@crelis 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@crelis - Glad to hear that you were able to resolve this with our Support team. Please share the solution with us if you get the chance, it’d be really helpful to the rest of the community to know what the solution is. Thank you!