Best answer

Trello and Any.do - importing Board Name

• 16 July 2020
  • 3 replies

New User

Hi - I’ve created my first  Zap that creates a new Any.do task when new cards are created in Trello.  This means that I can have tasks from multiple boards consolidated into my To Do list, making it easier to manage my time.

I’d like to bring the Board Name through to the Any.do task so that I have better visibility of which project a task refers to in my Any.do list.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by jpot 16 July 2020, 18:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. Nice to meet you! 

I looked into this and I’m afraid the bad news is that there’s no way to pull in the board name of that trigger. I’m sorry I can’t give you a better answer. You could maybe build separate Zaps for separate boards, and have them only trigger for cards that are on them? Just an idea. 

Hello! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. Nice to meet you! 

I looked into this and I’m afraid the bad news is that there’s no way to pull in the board name of that trigger. I’m sorry I can’t give you a better answer. You could maybe build separate Zaps for separate boards, and have them only trigger for cards that are on them? Just an idea. 

Thanks.  That’s disappointing, and it’d be great if the ability to select fields could be delivered at some point.  Another way of tracking back to Trello from Any.do would be if a completed card in Any.do (that has been created as a result of the Trello Zap) could be marked as completed in Trello.  This would need to be a separate (reciprocal) Zap.  Is that achievable?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It is disappointing! I’m not sure why that field doesn’t exist. 

There is a Completed Task trigger in Any.do, so you could in theory use that! You’d probably need to use a search step to find the Trello card with the same name, then another step for moving the card to the “Completed” column (assuming that’s how your board works.)