Best answer

Teachable Cancellation for Specific Course

• 31 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a zapier setup to communicate from Teachable to ConvertKit (email service provider).  I am trying to add a tag to any ConvertKit email subscriber who cancels a Teachable Subscription.  I have the basic Zap setup and it has been working.  However, now that I have more than one course that uses subscriptions, I need to be able to separate out the cancellations based on which subscription they cancel inside of Teachable.

It doesn’t appear that I’m able to add that extra detail of the cancellation from a specific course.

Has anyone been able to achieve this or something similar with Teachable?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 4 August 2020, 11:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Hannah 

One of the fields in the trigger should be “Course ID” or something similar - this will probably be a numeric string, and with some trial and error, you can work out which belongs to which course (or maybe “Course Name” is a field?)

With that, you can use a “Fomatter->Utilities->Lookup Table” to do the logic. The input + options will be the course ID/name.

For output, you need the IDs of the various Covert Kit tags. 

On the ConvertKit step, in the dropdown where you select the tag, set it to ‘Custom’ and you’ll see tag names and their IDs. This is what you’ll need for the Lookup table, and the output of the Lookup table should be mapped to this field.

Userlevel 1

Thank you - this helped me discover that I was able to find the course ID in the details inside the Zap and then the other subscription option popped up to create another Zap.