Best answer

Strava 'rate limit exceeded' when trying to connect account

• 4 January 2021
  • 30 replies

When trying to connect to Strava, on “My connections” I get “The app returned Rate Limited Exceeded” after reconnecting or testing.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 2 August 2021, 19:34

View original

30 replies

@Danvers I have the same problem - 'rate limit exceeded' 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, @almeidajv I’m sorry to hear that, I’ve added you to the issue report so that we can send you an email when it’s been resolved!

I have the same issue. I get the message “This account is expired”. When I hover over reconnect I can see another message about the rate limit being exceeded. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@qvalinlar - sorry you are running into this. I have added you as an impacted user so that you will be notified via email with updates!

Hi @criscom - I’m sorry that you’re running into this rate limiting issue. We do have an open issue report for this and I’ve added you as an affected user. This means that the team knows how many users are affected and also that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

I experienced the same with connecting my Twitter account. Please help.

Count me in on the Strava rate limiting as well.

@Danvers please count me as impacted by the Strava rate limit as well. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@nerdyagarwal @tirwin @DBF you all have been added as impacted users and will receive updates via email!

@Danvers and @Liz_Roberts please add me as well, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@nayshice you have been added!

@Danvers and@Liz_Roberts I have the same problem. Thank you for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jenik23 you have been added as well!

Affected as well

Hello @Liz_Roberts I have the same problem while trying to connect my Strava account :/ 

Hello @Liz_Roberts I have the same problem while trying to connect my Strava account 

Hi @Liz_Roberts I am having the same issue when connecting my Strava to a Zap. Please add me thank you!

Count me in!

The app returned "Rate Limit Exceeded".

Userlevel 2

Same here, please update!

I’m also running into this problem.

Userlevel 1

Add me in as well. Hoping to setup a Zap to pull my Strava activities into Airtable so I can keep track of training progress. It fired the first time (during the test), but then threw the error.

Thank you!

I’m having the same issue but it’s slightly different. The Zap works but each night, I get an email with an error saying this happened.

Getting the same issue as Keloe, the zap works after a while, but everyday get an email saying “Strava: The app returned "Rate Limit Exceeded".” https://i.imgur.com/F7sxceP.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mf_robert @MarineL @T.Vanderhoeght @Mathilde @Fishborn78 @coryawilson @Roguenet @jillianb!

You’ve all been added as affected users.

@keloe and @hobbDa Even though your issue is a little different, I added you to the report as well.

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard Oddly enough, my started behaving like keloe and hobbDa after a few days. And now I’m not getting any error message at all. Weird!

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard mind adding me too?