Best answer

Strava account expired issue. Can't be reconnected

• 12 November 2020
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys,

I’m having issues conecting a Strava account. Get the issue Strava account expired. It can't be reconnected 

Anyone have any tips?

icon

Best answer by steph.n 10 February 2021, 22:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LTRacing and @GilesM - Thanks for that context! It seems like we have a bug report on file for this same issue. The current status that our team is investigating and is expecting a resolution soon. That said, I’ve added you both to receive updates as soon as we have any to share. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dcmen @Varun Sarin @hobbDa I have added all of you as affected users, so you will be notified via email when this has been resolved :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dennis Beare 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @GilesM and @Hiperbacsi! I’ve added you as affected users on the Strava issue that is causing people to need to reconnect their account to Zapier multiple times. 

If you’re seeing a different error message then the best thing to do is to contact the Zapeir support team as they will be able to look into this with you and double-check that it’s the same issue. You can contact them using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi can you please add me as an impacted user as well so that I can received an update @Liz_Roberts 

I have the same issue, I try to connect Strava to my Google agenda and I have the same error message. Hope this can be fixed..

Hi @Liz_Roberts,

I just got the error today.  Can you also add me to the list?  I moved my strava connection from IFTTT to Zapier for this capability.  Thanks!

I have the same problem. I cannot connect to my Strava account, getting “This account is expired. Please reconnect it here.”

Hi

I am having the same issue … has this not been resolved yet?

Thanks

Gareth

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello everyone! We have an update regarding this issue: 

We've worked with our team to identify the problem where your Strava account would disconnect and you could not reconnect. We've recently updated the Strava integration and believe this should now be resolved. The issue was with a daily Strava API limit that when reached would not allow a user to reconnect an account from Zapier. Strava has increased our limit, and we have also reduced the number of queries we make to Strava to make sure we don't run into this limit again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @criscom! I’ve added you to the list of affected users on this issue, which means that you’ll get an email when we have a resolution. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@GarethP 

I’ll flag this so you can be added to the issue as an affected customer.

Hi!

I also have the same problem with strava and zapier.

Please notify me when issue will be solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @GarethP!

This issue is not yet resolved, but I’ve added you as an affected user so you’ll receive an update as soon as it gets resolved. So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to fix the problem.

Hi @Dennis Beare!

I looked into this and I don’t see any existing issues related to expired Strava connections, nor has there been an uptick in reports of this behavior recently. Are you still running into this problem, or have you managed to resolve it? Please let us know!

I am having the same trouble. When I go to re-connect, it does not allow me to select the “required” option to connect (allow Zapier to see your public data)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@pavelSz - I have added you as an impacted user and you will be notified via email with any updates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Dennis Beare!

I looked into this and I don’t see any existing issues related to expired Strava connections, nor has there been an uptick in reports of this behavior recently. Are you still running into this problem, or have you managed to resolve it? Please let us know!

Hi,

I started facing the same issue with my google sheet connection with zapier. Can you please let me know that this issue is happening with all the connections

Also getting this issue. The zapier connection with strava has only worked correctly one time since setting it up. Also could the team just post the solution here instead of adding everyone, one by one to an email list?

Allready waiting for a solution, sometime it works, most of the time, not...

I have the same problem :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@CBDB 

I’ll flag this so you can be added as an affected user.

I did manage to connect Strava, but my zap didn't run after the test as it had a "rate limit exceeded" message. Tried a few times after that, but the limited possibilities here (connectable apps, number of tasks, response to issues like the one described) made me go back to IFTTT (and pay for it, since they seem worthy of my money). Deleting my account here. Good luck all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@CBDB I have added you as an impacted user so that you will be notified via email with any updates!