Best answer

Simple Convert email to PDF

• 30 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Like many I was using google cloud print for PDF zaps.

However, in searching the forums my issue is super basic compared to many who had highly complex zaps break with this app’s retirement. 

Function

1. Forward an email on receipt to the zapier print email address. 
  2. Print it with Google Cloud Print. 
  3. Saving to Google Drive
  4. Save that pdf from Google Drive to drop box. 

Most of the new PDF apps are for actually printing to a printer 

Needed Functionality: 

1. Forward an email on receipt to the zapier print email address. 
  2. Print it to a PDF or even JPG format would work. 
  3. Save it to Drop Box

Is this even possible anymore?

Thank you in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 December 2020, 22:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

FYI: If you upload a file to GDrive and have it converted into an editable document (e.g. Excel to GSheets, Word to GDoc), then GDrive will provide a PDF version of the file along with other formats.

Userlevel 1

FYI: If you upload a file to GDrive and have it converted into an editable document (e.g. Excel to GSheets, Word to GDoc), then GDrive will provide a PDF version of the file along with other formats.

Thank you Troy! I thought this may in fact be the solution I needed - however it seems my only 2 options when doing this with an email are to save in plain text which loses all formatting and becomes unreadable or save it in raw html which is more unreadable.  Was hoping for a method that would leave me with a readable version of the email. It is for saving purchase receipts for my accountant so they need to be able to still read the emails. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are these receipts email attachments?

If so, you can use the Gmail New Attachment trigger.

Userlevel 1

Are these receipts email attachments?

If so, you can use the Gmail New Attachment trigger.

Nope - the receipt info is right in the body under the header info.  I do have one rule for a few suppliers who send them as an attachment - it just saves that attachment to drop box, that one is working well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try this … GDoc Create Doc from Text (which supports limited HTML) and will return a PDF version of the created GDoc.

Userlevel 1

Just tested this out Tony, Great suggestion and solved our problem :) Thank you Thank you!