Best answer

Shopify to Xero

• 29 March 2020
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi Everybody,

I’m connecting my Shopify t Xero to automatically create a Bill Credit Note when I process a refund to a customer.

But I keep receiving this error when I test the flow:

“We had trouble sending your test through.

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).”

Any idea why?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 6 April 2020, 23:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there,

It’s tricky without seeing how you’ve got your Zap set up, but my hunch is that you’ve got a field mapped to Xero and it’s not providing data in the format that Xero requires it. These are typically things like contacts, line items and other objects that can exist in Xero.

Are you using any custom values in fields? If so, they’ll have to be in the same format as what you see in this small text under the name/label for that object:

That also matches the 32 digits with 4 dashes that Xero asks for. So for something like the contact example above, you’d first need a Find (or Find/Create) step that can either find the contact, or create one if it’s not found. Then for your custom value you use that field (usually something like ID).

Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or if anything is unclear. I'm happy to help!

Hi there, I’m having the same trouble as you Dzecco. I can’t see which field it might be - is there any way to identify which field the error relates to? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there @rdj  The first thing to double check is whether you’re using custom values for any of the fields - check out Nick’s answer above for more detail on that. If nothing stands out then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team to ask them to take a closer look for you, the best way to do that is with the Get Help form.