Best answer

Shopify Orders from Woocommerce

• 2 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know how to ensure products match when trying to sync orders from Woocommerce to Shopify? Does anyone know the best way to do this overall?

We tried to do it with line item support directly to Shopify, and doesn't seem to work because we can't get product IDs to match. We are now attempting to do it using Google Sheets as an intermediary, which is capturing all necessary information, but we can't seem to condense the line items correctly back into a Shopify order and match products.

This is an urgent need. Any help would be very much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 February 2020, 09:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @constantconcepts

Google Sheets is absolutely the way to go here. When you say you’re having trouble condensing it back... what do you mean by this?

Userlevel 1

Glad to know I am going the right direction :)

I need to add orders into Shopify that include the line items. Basically, I don't know how to import the orders into Shopify with all of the line items on a single order and make the products match correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@constantconcepts

I get you! Basically you build a zap that loops each row on the Google Sheet and bundles those line items into a single Zapier Storage list which you can then pass into Shopify.

I promised to talk someone else through a similar process by email - so happy to CC you in. I won’t have the chance to do that until Tue/We’d though.

Reach me at: info@luhhu.com

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much!!

Userlevel 3

Hey! I'm still waiting on Andrew's method above, but I thought I'd chime in with what Zapier support told me to do – I created a Lookup Table under Formatter -> Utilities. Then I mapped the products to the Shopify IDs, and it works well for the most part. The limitation is that the products are not actually matched on Shopify's back end, as in, they don't display images on the invoice/inside the order (since they're not matched and Shopify doesn't know what they are), which means the inventory isn't tracked also. I suppose I'm missing some other things that this doesn't do due to not matching the products.

Hope this was helpful – let me know if you have a better solution!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @markymark! You can use Google Sheets to create a lookup table as an alternative to using the Formatter app - both work well!

I can see that one of our Customer Champions is helping you with the problem of matching the IDs to products in Shopify, so hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of things with you 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I wanted to post an update on the missing product details issue that @markymark and @constantconcepts both experienced.

Shopify couldn't find the products because it needs both the Product ID and Variant ID of a product in order to find it. With both added, the Create Order step can find the relevant product details and add the product to the order 🙂