Best answer

Shopify Duplicate orders firing

• 27 October 2020
  • 3 replies

It looks like this has come up with some other people before, but trying to figure out why the Shopify Zap is being triggered multiple times when trying to have it trigger upon a “New Paid Order in Shopify”. 

Ideally it would only fire when it is marked as Paid, but when we selected that, we don’t see any fires happen. Switch it to Any and that’s where our issue is, including seeing even more fires come in when a refund is issued within the past 7 days.

I’ve seen some discussion around line items being the reason for it to fire duplicates with InfusionSoft, but is that on the Shopify end or InfusionSoft? 

We are using this for Facebook’s Conversion API integration, but with a third party checkout—CartHook. (Zapier Documentation for FB: https://www.prod.facebook.com/business/help/571704773472628

Anyone able to find a fix?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 December 2020, 02:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @anderswallaroo ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Shopify made some unexpected updates in early September and these changes have resulted in issues with the integration. Our engineers are working on the issue and while we don’t have an ETA on a fix, we will be in touch as soon as one becomes available. For the moment, I've gone ahead and added your email to the affected user list.

In the meantime, below is a workaround that some folks have found handy. Hoping this is helpful!

• First, export a list of order IDs from your Shopify account into a Google Sheet (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/export-orders)
  • Immediately after a ‘New Order/New Paid Order’ trigger fires, the Zap will add itself to a “queue”, ensuring that each new order notification from Shopify is handled one at a time.
  • The Zap will then search the Google Sheet for the “Order ID” to check whether this Order has already been previously processed by the Zap
  • A Filter action will stop the Zap if the “Order ID” was found on the Google Sheet and continue running if it wasn’t.
  • Lastly, the Shopify “Order ID” will be added to the Google Sheet to prevent duplicate orders from being processed again.

Hi @Liz_Roberts ,

I’ve been suffering from this problem as well with Zapier firing duplicates or random orders from ages ago.

Can you please break down your steps in a bit more detail? I.e. how can I get Zapier to check if row exists in the spreadsheet before firing lots of custom rows? I’ve tried “Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets” but that doesn’t allow me to fire all the rows I want if the existing order hasn’t been found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @neslot!

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your Shopify Zap! I see that this particular bug was closed about a month ago, so if you’re still running into the problem then something else might be responsible. Your best bet would be to reach out to our amazing Support team so they can dig in some more for you :)