Best answer

Send Google calendar notification to whatsapp using ZAP code option

• 18 May 2020
  • 2 replies

How can we Send Google calendar notification to whatsapp using ZAP code option 

We are using custom JS code or a simple URL to ping on Whatsapp via website button

eg https://wa.me/919876543210?text=Hello,%20How%20can%20we%20help%20you%20

it ping a simple text on user no. sender and receiver 

as “Hello, How can we help you”

How using the above code can we customize our message in a way where we pull data from google calendar and send it across the message

icon

Best answer by BowTieBots 23 May 2020, 15:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@amolseoguru I assume the connection to What’sApp is some kind of Webhook.

If so you could point the button on your website to Zapier first using a catch webhook trigger→ Get Google Calendar Info → Use the URL Encode step to create your output → Send a webhook from Zapier using the structure that you are currently using for you website button

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @amolseoguru!

I can’t speak to whether you’ll be able to use code to accomplish what you’re after, but the way you would take information from a Google Calendar event and add it to a link like the one you mention above is with our Formatter app. 

So you’d map all of the fields that you need, then use Formatter’s URL Encode function. I’ll be curious to hear whether you manage to get a code or webhooks step to work.