Best answer

Return data in HTTP Response from a Webhook Post

• 2 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello I am new to Zapier so forgive me if this is something obvious.  I am using a Webhook to post information to create a new Quote in our Saleforce system.  Once I create the Quote I get the ID of the new Quote.  How can I pass the ID of this new Quote back to the user so they can then add Line Items, Attachments, etc… using additional Zap Webhooks (which require the Quote ID to attach to the proper object)

Unfortunately, every method I have tried will not return any data in the HTTP response, only the Successful receipt from Zapier.  How can I pass the ID back to the User that made the request so they can further build out the Quote and add the necessary attachments?

Thank you for your attention

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 September 2020, 22:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You’ll need to use front end scripting to achieve returning the Salesforece Object ID to the end user in real-time using the Salesforce APIs.

Zapier is primarily meant for behind the scenes data transfer from app to app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Vince R. Fast idea.

Needs:

When the order is created you get a zap triggered? If so do following: fire out a http request from code zap to your whatever frontend, SMS or 1.000 ways more. Simple Frontend you could use airtable and airpress WordPress to do it. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the help.