Best answer

How can I remove or exclude Unsubscribers from a Facebook Custom Audience on Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Unless I am misinterpreting the options available, it seems there’s no “remove from Facebook Custom Audience option”.

If so, I guess this might be because you can’t edit a Custom Audience once it’s uploaded – a limitation not he Facebook end, not Zapier’s.

But to ensure only active subscribers are targeted, would the best workaround be creating a second custom audience with Unsubscribes in it, and using this as an Exclusion Audience in Facebook?

This is simple enough, but seems clunky – someone who Unsubs, then Resubs, would forever be excluded from future ads, unless I Reupload the subscriber list.

Any opinions/suggestions/pointers would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure this has been figured out by plenty of people before me!

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 December 2023, 11:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@bennnd You can solve this problem by building a Custom Zapier App for Facebook Custom Audiences that would allow you to dissociate a user from a CustomAudience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @bennnd unfortunately, there is no action to remove a member from a custom audience but we do have an open feature request for this, which I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to. Once it’s added, we’ll update this thread to let anyone following, know. Thanks!

Hey @jesse ,

Any news on this feature?

We have RGPD guidelines to follow, and shouldn’t be using “Add Contact to Customer list”  , without the option to remove it if consent is removed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Paulo Cerqueira still no progress on this feature as our team is working on other, high-priority requests at the moment but I can assure you that as soon as this becomes available, we will update this thread to let everyone know. :slight_smile:

Hi Jesse - this feature would be the thing that made Caura upgrade to a plan and stick with Zapier - without this 2-way sync or being able to automate the replacement of people in a custom audience we will outgrow Zapier unfortunately.

Really love the tool and service but for us that’s the key feature!

Hi @jesse,

Any updates/news or a workaround to remove users from a facebook custom audience with a saleforce object?

@bennnd You can solve this problem by building a Custom Zapier App for Facebook Custom Audiences that would allow you to dissociate a user from a CustomAudience.

@ikbelkirasan Do you have any documentation for how we can dissociate a user? We have Salesforce connected to Facebook custom audience via zapier and need to remove users once an object in Saleforce changes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @amh!

I think this might be what you’re looking for. If not, it’s likely available somewhere in those developer docs.

@nicksimard Thanks for sharing this.  Is there any other way to remove users in a custom Facebook audience with zapier? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @amh!

Not that I’m aware of. We’ve got the open feature request, meaning that the integration itself does not have that feature. So you’d have to explore creating (or having someone else create) a private app using the Zapier Developer Platform. Or, see if you can use Webhooks by Zapier or Code by Zapier to connect with Facebook’s API.

This is still very much a desirable update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @RichandNiche, thanks for your comment!

We absolutely understand and will continue to keep everyone updated if and when this becomes available. :slight_smile: In the meantime, I’ve got your vote added so you’ll receive emails with any updates!

Userlevel 1

Zapier, Here’s the API details.  FB’s API does allow and update method.  Please add this for everyone’s sanity.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/reference/custom-audience/

Updating

If a person opted out of being targeted, you must remove the person from all custom audiences containing this person. To opt-out a person from audience after they have clicked through to your opt-out URL, make an HTTP DELETE call to:

https://graph.facebook.com/<API_VERSION>/act_<AD_ACCOUNT_ID>/usersofanyaudience

Provide the same fields as you do in a user update.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/reference/custom-audience/users/

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Ryan M, Thank you for your feedback. I’ve also added your vote for this feature request. 

Userlevel 1

I also need this feature for the Facebook Custom Audiences component.

Frankly disappointed that this has not been added yet. It should have been in there from the beginning. Reading above, it’s clearly been pain point for years, for many of your premium customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Aaron M,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Hence, I’ve added your vote for this feature request. Thanks!

Adding one more vote here. It should be simple to implement guys!

Without this the whole audience automation makes little sense.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Pablolo 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once implemented. Thanks!

hi, one more vote here please! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @pirka 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hi, I absolutely vote this feature too!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @SimoneV 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Voting for this also please.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @WillG 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

We also want this feature please.