Best answer

Recurring calendar event data not pulling from Outlook

Userlevel 2

I want a zap to create a trello card everytime a recurring calendar event starts on my outlook calendar. After creating the flow, recurring events don’t show as an option. One-off events do show. Am I using the wrong trigger? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 March 2024, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Betsy1!

It looks like triggering on recurring events is not supported at the moment. It's something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. 

You’ll be notified via email if that feature gets added to the Microsoft Office 365 integration!

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard Could you please add my vote to this feature request as well? This feature would mean my Zaps would help automate an additional 2/3s of my calendar events.

Userlevel 1

Is there still no ETA for this feature? Please also add me. Thank you.

Userlevel 1

also add to vote, this is critical.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Chiara! I’ve added you to that issue - thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

To All Watching this: 

You can use airtable and digest to create a workaround for this Zap so 'recurring events' will be created (mind you invite people endlessly often) 

Are you interested in a zap we share? 

Userlevel 1

Inconceivable that this works with some calendar events but not others. Failure to work with recurring events makes it next to useless, sadly, and I’m disappointed to see this has been a known bug for so long. Don’t know if it’s an issue with the 365 api or delays in Zapier, though. However, please add my vote for this, and please flag it as an urgent bug fix not a new feature!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @LukaBazooka, hope you’re well!

The feature requests itself is tracked internally, so I don’t have a public link to share.

That said, I was able to add you to the interested user list for the feature. We’ll be sure to alert you ASAP if this feature becomes available. :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks. Please could you update the docs and Zap somehow so this critical limitation is clear? Would have saved me a days work had I known the testing I was doing using data from individual events was completely irrelevant and pointless.

Having done some more research it looks like this is indeed a Microsoft API limitation and will never be fixed in Zapier. I don’t know if Microsoft Power Automate can be used instead, but otherwise it looks like the only way to do this is by hard-coding a custom solution using the API directly :(

Userlevel 1

Is there still no solution to this problem? I would say 80% of my meetings are reoccurring, so having a solution would be very helpful. 

Would it be possible to use a different calendar (i.e. Google) and somehow forward all appointments and meetings from outlook to Google?

Userlevel 1

@Danvers please add me as well to the users who want this feature. Many of my meetings are recurring and I thought setting up the Zap would save me a lot of time. Highly frustrating to discover that none of my (majority) recurring meetings are assigned cards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sam, I’ve added you onto that feature request. Thanks for letting us know that it would help you with your Zaps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shubhabala!

I’ve added your vote to that feature request as well!

Could someone please add my vote to that feature request as well? Most of my events in Outlook are recurring, so I’m very interested in getting an email when the recurrency data is available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @pgabcalixto. I’ve gone ahead and gotten your vote added to that feature request. 🙂

I’d like to vote too! Where can I vote?

Hi, is there any update on this? It’s unfortunate that this doesn’t work for recurring events, as that is the majority of my meetings, so this means I can’t use Zapier for this.

I agree with JimP - Please could you update the docs and Zap somehow so this critical limitation. Also thanks for flagging Microsoft Power Automate which I’m using instead.

Please add my vote to the feature request.

Add me as well please. The only reason I’m looking at zapier is to automate sending a text when a specific recurring meeting happens.

Could you add us to the feature request list as well? Thanks in advance! 

Howdy, could my name be added to the vote for reoccouring appointments please??

@Liz_Roberts please add me and @Britman99 . Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Stew.johnson! While we don’t have an estimated time frame on when or if this will be implemented, I’ve got your added to that feature request. We’ll be sure to send you email with any updates that do come up. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @JohnatTharstern! We’ve added your vote to the feature request for recurring events now. :)

Please, add my vote too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry we missed your posts here previously @JimP@hayleysm and @Wiebe.

I just came by to report that the New Event Start (Microsoft Office 365) trigger is now able to trigger on recurring events! 😁🎉

That said, if you find that your Zaps still aren’t triggering on recurring events though please do let us know in the Community or reach out to our support team and we’ll be happy to investigate that further. 

Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡