Best answer

Recurring calendar event data not pulling from Outlook

Userlevel 2

I want a zap to create a trello card everytime a recurring calendar event starts on my outlook calendar. After creating the flow, recurring events don’t show as an option. One-off events do show. Am I using the wrong trigger? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 March 2024, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Betsy1!

It looks like triggering on recurring events is not supported at the moment. It's something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. 

You’ll be notified via email if that feature gets added to the Microsoft Office 365 integration!

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard Could you please add my vote to this feature request as well? This feature would mean my Zaps would help automate an additional 2/3s of my calendar events.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sam, I’ve added you onto that feature request. Thanks for letting us know that it would help you with your Zaps. 

Userlevel 1

Ditto here!  I’m trying to keep my google calendar uptodate with my Outlook calendar and if I can’t include recurring events then it’s basically useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shubhabala!

I’ve added your vote to that feature request as well!

@nicksimard Hi! Same here, please add my vote for Outlook recurring events (set also by other collegues and I’m just added as a participant).
I’ve just created a Zap from Outlook calendar to Google Calendar with this purpose, but it does not work.
Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Chiara! I’ve added you to that issue - thanks!

@nicksimard Could you add my vote as well?  It would help if you linked to this feature request. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

To All Watching this: 

You can use airtable and digest to create a workaround for this Zap so 'recurring events' will be created (mind you invite people endlessly often) 

Are you interested in a zap we share? 

Userlevel 1

also add to vote, this is critical.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@adfdfdfdfdd your vote has been added!

I’d like to vote too! Where can I vote?

Add me as well please. The only reason I’m looking at zapier is to automate sending a text when a specific recurring meeting happens.

@Liz_Roberts please add me and @Britman99 . Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mattias Eriksson and @Britman99 I’ve added your votes to the requests :)

I found a couple of workarounds. One is to have the recurring Outlook meeting with a specific name (or specific set of characters in the name) and filter on those letters. That’s not so good since it will generate unnecessary results if another meeting happens to use that character string. The other, better for me, option is to not use Outlook at all, but to instead use the Zapier scheduler to setup the recurring event and then trigger my text sending from RingCentral via the scheduler.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Britman99!

Thanks for chiming in with the workaround/solution you’ve come up with :)

Hi @Sam, I’ve added you onto that feature request. Thanks for letting us know that it would help you with your Zaps. 

and add us too please - small organisation of 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Bookingsboost!

Thanks for your message, I’ve added you to that feature request which means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update. In the meantime, you may want to check out @Britman99’s workarounds, above.

Userlevel 1

Where can we find a link to that feature request?

Please add me as well. 

@Britman99 I’m not sure I’m following your suggestion. I have a filter step set up right after the calendar trigger and still no triggers from the recurring event with that specific name are coming through. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @LukaBazooka, hope you’re well!

The feature requests itself is tracked internally, so I don’t have a public link to share.

That said, I was able to add you to the interested user list for the feature. We’ll be sure to alert you ASAP if this feature becomes available. :)

Please add me to this feature request. It is critical for some automations we would like to do. 

@Wemakefuture I would love to see how you worked around this in Airtable.

To All Watching this: 

You can use airtable and digest to create a workaround for this Zap so 'recurring events' will be created (mind you invite people endlessly often) 

Are you interested in a zap we share? 

Please!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @KrisHagel, I hope you’re doing well!

I’ve just added you to the feature request and we’ll be sure to alert you ASAP if the feature becomes available!

Please add us as well to vote on andbe alerted on the feature request.

Thank you!