Best answer

push and fetch data from webserver

• 23 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I am new to Zapier.

for a customer we need to setup a webserver where they can push data in JSON format via a their own push api.

From there, i would like to be able to fetch the data using Alteryx, in order to place the data on our own SFTP server as a csv. 

From there, our secured data-warehouse will pick the file up and add it to our database platform.

Reason for the indirect connection is because we do not allow direct connections to our database environment for security purposes.

I would like to know the following:

• What Zapier licence do I need for this
  • What do I need to set this up
  • Can data be stored on a European based web-server (because of the patriot act which is a problem for my client

Help is greatly appreciated :-)

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 15:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MarcoPeters I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this! I’ll do my best to answer your questions:

• What Zapier licence do I need for this

This will depend on factors like how often you need to move data. It’s best to figure out roughly how you would make this work with Zapier, and then you’ll be able to figure out how many tasks you’ll need a month and if you need features that are only available on certain plans (like Paths). 

• What do I need to set this up

I have to confess that this one is a little too technical for me to be able to give you a detailed answer. I can tell you that Alteryx doesn’t currently have an integration with Zapier, which means that you would either need to pass the data using webhooks alone, or you would need to build an app using our Developer Platform

• Can data be stored on a European based web-server (because of the patriot act which is a problem for my client)

It’s not possible to use European based web-servers, sorry about that!

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!