Best answer

Pinterest account is "expired". I can't reconnect it.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have a problem with Pinterest automation — everytime when I reconnect it, Zapier announces me that “Pinerest account is expired”. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 19 November 2020, 19:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello everyone! Here’s an update from Lars:

On October 29, we sent an email regarding the Pinterest integration outage due to changes in Pinterest's API. We've since updated the Pinterest app, which is now available for use in Zaps.

As part of getting the integration back up and running, the updated Pinterest app is now a premium app and will not be available to users on our Free plan.

What you need to do:
1. Go to My Apps and reconnect your Pinterest account(s).
2. Turn on your Zaps that use the Pinterest app.

You can also watch a 30-second walkthrough of the steps above.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to update the Pinterest app and make it available to our users again. If you have questions or need help with your Zaps, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Best regards,
Lars

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Kevinpm @astromattic @t3mujin @uniforx @VS_Hotte @SoonerChick14 @Itzeshwar you all have been added as impacted users and will receive updates via email!

I’m interested too to be notified when a fix will be developed! :)

+1 more user with this issue!

The following people have been added to the list of affected users and will be notified when this is resolved: @dippydyes @Fanì @Rusli645 @tabletoppm @mathccc @cheerio @Marnick @OrenY @allterrain 

So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Add me to that list, please :)

Notify me too .. this app meet not the requirements of an Zapier App.

If I´m not already signed in with my browser .. I get an error message “Authentification error” but normaly I should prompted to log me in.

Notify me too, please.

Userlevel 1

The following people have been added to the list of affected users and will be notified when this is resolved: @dippydyes @Fanì @Rusli645 @tabletoppm @mathccc @cheerio @Marnick @OrenY @allterrain 

So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Please add me to the list for notification when the issue is resolved: soonerchick14@gmail.com

Even I am facing same problem.

When I started for couple of weeks it was working fine, now I am facing same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m experiencing the same issue. Will also be cancelling my subscription until this is rectified, as Pinterest is the ONLY integration I am using ,and therefore renders it useless since it’s not working. 

Userlevel 1

+1

I have the same issue with “Authorization failed” error. Even upgraded to Pinterest business and the same error occurred. 

Seems like it is on Zapier side to fix.

Userlevel 1

I’m going to cancel my subscription in the meanwhile until this gets fixed.

Please make a good arrangement with the pinterest team.

Good luck with debugging.

Userlevel 1

+1 user with the issue

Userlevel 1

+1 user with the issue

Userlevel 1

+1 user with the issue

Userlevel 1

+1 user with the issue.

Userlevel 1

Once you guys solved the problem, you should add Pinterest as premium apps.

Too many ppl abusing Zap to Pinterest by signup hundreds free trial account.

It’s works perfectly, I don’t mind to pay to enjoy Zap to Pinterest to the fullest.

Thanks

Same issue here.

I got notified that there was a possible error. When I checked the details I noticed ‘Authorization failed’ so I tried reconnecting the apps. It didn’t work. Each time, I keep getting this ‘rate limit’ reason but I only use this zap 4 times per day with 2,5 hours in between.

This is really an issue because my client is expecting a consistent posting schedule. That’s why I use Zapier in the first place. As a paying customer, I hope to see a fast solution to this problem.

Could you please unmark this thread as ‘Solved’ because it it’s clearly not...

Best regards

Exact same issue here, same procedure. I disconnected Pinterest app from Zapier, and revoked Zapier’s access to Pinterest, hoping I could re-connect them. No luck. Same oh, foo message even if I try with 2 days interval. Really miss the Zapier - Pinterest integration.
Edit: I also find it weird that the thread is marked as solved

Userlevel 1

Hi,

What is happening with this? I see it’s been going on for 6 months

App stopped working a few days ago and now I’m getting different errors “access is revoked” “reached limit” and now “account expired”

Userlevel 1

Need you to add me as an effected user as well. I’m still on my trial. 

And despite what Grammerly thinks, this is a cause and effect situation, not affect.

I’m seeing both ‘account is expired’ and ‘oh, foo.’ When I go to Pinterest, connected apps shows this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PJ_Decoster, I completely understand your frustration here and I’ll do my best to address your questions. 

The issue has appeared to have a few different causes as time has gone on. We have monitored a few different measures, including how many users were running into to the same error (which we can see from our logs) and when. 

We have taken some steps to try and remedy the situation, including working with Pinterest to make sure that the Zapier integration is on the most up to date API (that’s the bit of code that lets other apps talk to Pinterest). 

I don’t have an ETA on when we’ll be able to fix this issue, which I know is frustrating and I’m sorry about that. We do know that this issue is having a bigger impact on our users because of the new ‘oh foo’ message that you see when you try to connect your account. 

When we have a fix for this, we will update this thread and any folks who have been added as an affected user on the bug will get an email. 

Userlevel 2

@Danvers Thank you for your response. We’ve been told already that a solution for this issue is pending and that we will be informed once there is an update. As @zaxarov mentioned, there hasn’t been any update in 6 months. Which is really frustrating. As paying customers, we deserve to be informed about what is happening.

Could you please clarify which steps exactly have been taken by the Zapier team to find the source of this issue? What are the blocking issues to work on this bug? Why does it take 6 months to be able to come up with a solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m sorry that we’re still having this issue with the Pinterest integration. Everyone below, I’ve added you as an affected user on the issue, which means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update:

• @tinytechtips 
  • @MikaStupnikV1
  • @PJ_Decoster 
  • @zaxarov 
Userlevel 2

Meanwhile, I checked other automation platforms such as Automate.io and Integromat.

Automate.io doesn’t offer Pinterest integrations at all and Integromat is waiting for approval on their application to the new developer progam.

It seems that the Pinterest API is strongly underdeveloped. Unless Pinterest does some updates, I’m afraid that this is an issue that will keep popping up.

Disappointing...