Best answer

Paypal different prices

• 13 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to connect Paypal and Mailchimp. I have multiple products, so not sure how to create a zap for one product with it’s price and then another zap for the other product which links to a different Mailchimp audience. Are there unique IPNs for each product and price?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 30 May 2020, 03:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Judy!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)

I’d be nice if you actually answered this question for the rest of the community…..since this is where your contact/help directions leads people and since there is an extreme lack of answers out there and no way to easily get in contact with someone. Zapier “Go to the community tab to find your answer”...goes to community tab and Zapier Staff ignores community’s question and says “we already are answering you privately” lol

Hi Judy!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Judy, 

Did the support team manage to help you here? If so, it would be a great gift to the community if you could post the solution in this thread 

:pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @JudyB, I’m glad that you were able to get in touch with Kaushi from Zapier Support. We felt that the solution/explanation provided would be a great value to the community as well:

Let's consider the expected outcome for a user in your platform.

• When a user signs up to your platform, you want to send them a welcome message. However, you don't want to them to be added as a subscriber to a Mailchimp audience until they have paid > This is currently happening on Mailchimp side, independent of Zapier.
  • When the user pays for a program via PayPal, you then want to add them as a subscriber to an audience in Mailchimp > This automation is the part that's set up on Zapier side. At the moment, it is working as expected as our logs show that no subscriber was created from your Zaps.

Based on this, my theory is that the Mailchimp automation not only creates the welcome message but also adds the user who signed up as a subscriber (before they pay from PayPal, which is when Zapier steps in).

If you wish to send them a welcome email via your Mailchimp automation, you will need to inquire with Mailchimp support whether it is possible to disable it from adding the user as a subscriber. That way, Zapier will step in only when the user pays (as it is doing at the moment), and add them as a subscriber.

Please reach out if you have more questions, I'm happy to help out!

@Saastronomical @dhoudy - Please let me know if you need additional clarification and I certainly will prompt the Support team again. Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you @steph.n 

Userlevel 1

Hi @steph.n @andywingrave and @JudyB , I also have the same problem (and don’t feel like this thread has answered the original question).

My Paypal has multiple products and some people on recurring payments etc.

I want to connect ONE paypal button with zapier, and through to Active Campaign so that those people get a welcome email for one particular programme I am selling. I do not want ALL contacts who make a payment through my paypal, to get that welcome email. 

I set up the IPN as stated, connected the zap and then I had 1 person pay through that particular paypal button. They went through fine, got the email, exactly as I wanted. However, another client of mine who happened to have a recurring payment go through my Paypal not long after, then ALSO got the welcome email to this new programme with some of the confidential programme details in, which I clearly did not want her to have. How can I set it up in Zapier so that if someone pays through a particular paypal button, they get sent through the zap? And not to have ALL payments that happen in my Papal go through the zap? 

Thanks, Louisa

Userlevel 1

Hi @steph.n @andywingrave and @JudyB , I also have the same problem (and don’t feel like this thread has answered the original question).

My Paypal has multiple products and some people on recurring payments etc.

I want to connect ONE paypal button with zapier, and through to Active Campaign so that those people get a welcome email for one particular programme I am selling. I do not want ALL contacts who make a payment through my paypal, to get that welcome email. 

I set up the IPN as stated, connected the zap and then I had 1 person pay through that particular paypal button. They went through fine, got the email, exactly as I wanted. However, another client of mine who happened to have a recurring payment go through my Paypal not long after, then ALSO got the welcome email to this new programme with some of the confidential programme details in, which I clearly did not want her to have. How can I set it up in Zapier so that if someone pays through a particular paypal button, they get sent through the zap? And not to have ALL payments that happen in my Papal go through the zap? 

Thanks, Louisa

This is exactly my question, did anyone get an answer to this?? 

I have the same (or maybe similar) question and I can’t imagine I would be the only person to have it: how do I set up Zapier to respond with different messages to different product purchases? Is that possible? I don’t actually want to set it up until I know exactly how it will work, as I currently have 40+ recurring payments and what Louisa mentioned sounds like a nightmare scenario if that is what will happen if I set up a Zap and it doesn’t work how I imagine it will.

I also reached out to support and received a reply. The short answer is no.

As of the moment, triggering from custom messages is not yet supported by our Paypal integrations. However, this is already being discussed, depending on user demand.