Best answer

Passing custom attribute data from Intercom to Trello

• 1 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

We have quite a number of custom attributes set up for our leads in Intercom (not users) and we want to be able to create Trello cards automatically that contain all that data collected from a conversation.

I would love to be able to trigger that with an Intercom tag which I already have set up, but there doesn’t appear to be any way to access the custom attributes in that way when creating the Trello card.

The only way I’ve been able to find how to do it is by using a trigger of when a lead provides an email address. This isn’t ideal, as a lead can have their email address added in a scenario where I don’t want a Trello card created.

But even with this flow, I’m finding that only approximately 7 of the custom attributes are available to me to use in populating the  Trello card, all the rest are not showing up in the list.

Is this an issue with the Intercom API? Any ideas on how to get around it?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 August 2020, 00:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mooval!

I took a look at some data samples for the Tag Added to Lead trigger and I do see custom attributes coming through. Have you tried creating a Zap with that trigger, turning it on and seeing if custom attributes are present when it runs live? You can check the task history to see if the attributes are accessible in the data.

Sometimes what you see in the Zap editor when polling the endpoint is different than what comes through when the Zap is actually running.

That’s the first thing I’d suggest :)

Userlevel 1

Hi Nick,

I can try that again - but I would only want to process leads that have a particular tag added, not every single lead that has a tag added. From what I have seen, that can’t be done.

Richard