Best answer

Outlook Email Attachment to OneDrive (Specific Subject Line)

• 29 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Just trying to figure out how can do this. I need to upload attachements into OneDrive from one type of email with a specific subject line.

Any ideas?

I have connected and setup a ‘grab all attachement’ style zap. But this is literally grabbing anything.

Thanks Kindly

icon

Best answer by jpot 30 July 2020, 18:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog, let’s see if we can figure this out together.

You could get this to work by adding a Filter by Zapier step. This allows you to only proceed with a Zap if specific requirements are fufilled—for example, if the Subject line of an email uses a specific phrase. You can learn more about Filter here: https://zapier.com/learn/getting-started-guide/filters/

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to follow up if you have more questions. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@jpot 

I’ve got a similar request. I’ve been trying to figure out how to even grab the attachment. It doesn’t show up in the trigger data, it only says “Has attachment: True.” 

Any idea how I could pull the actual attachment?

I’m trying to take resumes and drop them into an OneDrive folder so I can review them after candidates have completed other steps in the hiring process.

I thought Email Parser by Zapier might work but when I forwarded an email from Outlook with an attachment, the attachment wasn’t even picked up. 

Hi, I am also interested in setting up an action related to pulling attachments from emails and into ShareFile. Same concept as DropBox. I use 4 other Zaps and love them but this would be really useful.

Outlook > Email with specific Subject line or from a specific email address (from a form submitted off of web site)

Take attachment and upload to ShareFile in a specific existing folder.

Take text from email - not entire HTML block and create a Trello Card. Would be reaching self-enlightenment if it could take selected text from the email and insert as the card title and then other text into the notes. 

I am stuck at grabbing email attachments and uploading them to ShareFile.

Thanks!

Sarah

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I haven’t figured this out yet :sweat:

The Trello one should be fairly straightforward if your email looks the same. You can use the split text function in formatter by zapier to split out what you want the name of the card to be. If the text is dynamic then it’ll be a lot harder to do that and you’d probably need some code step to split the text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @VPofFigureItOut and @blueprintbrian

If you’re using the New email trigger, you should be able to see attachments on the emails. Can you see a field that says something like ‘File: Exists but not shown’?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Danvers @VPofFigureItOut the day I sent this I was playing around with a zap for a client and was able to export an attachment from Gmail to GDrive. Haven’t tried it personally for OneDrive but I’ll give it a whirl and see if the same idea applies.  Cheers!

I will also check further into the new email trigger. An attachment “filter” or “grabber” did not jump out to me but I was not in deep-dig mode. I was hoping to just slam it out quickly but it will need more thought. I will try everything above and let you know where I end up. Time permitting.

Thanks for the input! I was hoping I was missing something more direct and obvious in my haste. I would think pulling attachments off of email with certain criteria would be a common Zap.