Best answer

Need to connect an excel on onedrive that is being used already in a zap and attach to outlook monthly and email the file.

Userlevel 1

Need to connect an excel document on onedrive that is being used and recognised already in a zap and attach to outlook once a monthly and email the file.

I have to whole zap done but when I tell it to attach the file it will not recognise it. Instead it gives data from the “calendar event that triggers the zap” obviously the file is not in the calendar event. It doesn’t seem to want to offer to me the other option of finding it on onedrive.

I am new to all of this. I have review the FAQ help section and if it were google sheets then I think I would have found the answer but not for excel.

Thank you 

Scott

icon

Best answer by steph.n 30 June 2020, 04:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Scott.austin 

In that “Name” field, you need to type the name of the Excel file you want it to find. The test that step and it should bring back to Excel file.

Userlevel 1

I tried that and it just used the name as text. It emailed me the name of the file but didn't attach the file.

I do wonder if it something to do with the way the file is allocated its name. as circled in the screenshot, maybe this is why it cant find it in onedrive. I am only guessing, But I don't know how to fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Scott.austin! It sounds like it would help if someone took a closer look at your Zap with you to walk you through things. I've escalated this to the Support team and someone will be touch via email to help you with it as soon as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Scott.austin - Glad you were able to sort out the issue with our Support team. Here’s the solution in case anyone was looking for it: 

Can you try selecting this field:

ff931673e620367a4393ba509c15bf05.png
(view larger)

When using the File Name or File Path field - it's only sending text to Outlook which is then transforming it to a .txt file. By using the File field highlighted above, it'll download the file from OneDrive and attach it to the email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Scott.austin 

Thanks for reaching out! Currently there is not a way to add multiple attachments to your Outlook emails via Zap but fortunately, there is a current 
feature request open for this option!

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user for this feature which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with the app’s team
  • Adds weight to the issue in queue
  • Reminds us to email you should there be an update

I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for, but please let us know if you have any other questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi again,

Is there a way of attaching more than one document to the email. I tried to repeat the step above but I got an error message. When I went back to attaching one file it worked fine again.

thanks,

scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Scott.austin 

Just to make it easier for us to visualise the issue, can you take a screenshot of how you have the trigger of the zap setup and the other steps.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Here are the screenshots. 

So again. I have an excel workbook on my onedrive. It captures my facebook posts. I want to seamlessly email this workbook every month on the 28th. In screen 3 where I think I would designate where the excel sheet should be I do not see anyting other than the details from the calender event in outlook as I also tried to make a workflow originating from the calendar event as well as the zapier integration for events.

Thank you again for your patience.

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Scott.austin 

You’ll want to add a “OneDrive - Find File” step to lookup the Excel document.

In the email step you’ll then be able to attach it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response. Not sure how to find that trigger and where to add it in. Can you explain is that step in between the calendar event/zapier event and outlook or somehow within the outlook step. I can’t seem to see it.

thank you.

scott

Userlevel 1

I have managed to find the step of adding in the onedrive but I still do not see the excel sheet to attach. Here is the list on connections, maybe I am looking in the wrong place for the file. It is located on my onedrive. The excel connection doesn't say onedrive but that is where it is at.