Best answer

Need help with Airtable & Gmail Zap

• 21 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to build a zap that will trigger a certain number of days after an even happens

In Airtable:

I change a column for a record from "Scheduled Consult" to "Evaluating proposal"

7 days after this happens IF the status is still "Evaluating Proposal" an email triggers as a follow up

I thought I had it set up correctly but its not running - any ideas?

icon

Best answer by BlakeBailey 24 February 2020, 15:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That should work just fine! This is how that should be set-up:

In Airtable, create a 'Saved View' for records that are in 'Evaluating Proposal'.

In Zapier, the trigger will be Airtable's 'New Record in View' trigger, specifying the view you just created.

Next, include a delay by Zapier step, delaying for 7 days.

Next, do a 'Find Record' using the Airtable action, and specify the same record as a lookup.

Now include a filter that checks to see if the value for that record is 'Evaluating Proposal'. If it is, it will continue.

Finally, the last step will be to send an email using whichever service you prefer.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you BlakeBailey, can you explain more about "create a new saved view" I am using Kanban view to "move" the records from one stage to the next, I developed it all in "grad view" then switched to Kanban view so the "stage" is one of the options for each record and there are different options:

Consult Scheduled

Evaluating Proposal

Invoice Sent

Invoice Paid

Etc

etc

So why would I need a new view?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Activecogirl you are most welcome! In my previous comment, I was mentioning that you should create a Saved View, which is just a way of saying a specific view that only contains records where stage = 'Evaluating Proposal'.

To do that, simply go to your Kanban view, click on the far left icon that current shows the name of your current view, then click on 'Grid' (any would work but this is the easiest for this example).

image.png

Then, in this new view, add a filter by clicking the filter icon and then say 'Where status is (or contains) Evaluating Proposal.

image.pngNow, you can leave this view alone, as it will only contain records with Evaluating Proposal set as the status. When a record changes from something different over to Evaluating Proposal, it will enter this view and then trigger your Zap.

Here's some more info on Airtable views: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021501754-Getting-started-customizing-your-first-view

Userlevel 1

Thanks helped a TON thanks its working now!