Question

Landbot.io/Google Sheet | All input creates new lines

• 29 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

We’re trying to get the Landbot.io chat bot to create 1 line pr session efter chat end.

As of now, the zaps create 1 line per input, giving us 7-10 lines per session instead.

We’re using the Landbot / Zapier Block Activiated and Google Sheets Create Spreadsheet Row(s).

Tried using “Update Spreadsheet Row”, but this is not working as the rows has not been created.

Any thoughts on how to solve this? Landbot offers native Google Sheet integration in the Pro package (100€) which is a bit pricy for this project, so we’re hoping we can zap’it :) 

B/r Mikkel

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Witt I’ve never worked with Landbot before, but I assume that the trigger happens for each inbound message instead of just once at the end of the conversation. 

You have a couple of options here as far as I can tell. 

Option 1: Change the “create row” step for your Google Sheets step to be a find or create row.  

This will allow you to create the row if it doesn’t exist, and if it does exist keep moving on in the zap. I would then add a filter that only allows the rest of the zap to continue if the row was found (aka had already been created) and then add a step to update the row.

Option 2: Use Digest by Zapier to create a digest of the conversation and write the digest to a line in the google sheet at some pre-defined time (daily, midnight local time for example). This is a slightly more complicated option, but could help if something in option 1 doesn’t work out.

Userlevel 1

Hi @PaulKortman 

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately there is no Find or Create Row in my options. I tried the Lookup Spreadsheet Row, but that gives unwanted entries. Also tried the digest as you suggested, but as you said, it quickly became complicated to handle.

I think that I’ll stop pursuing this for now, and try an other solution.

Thanks! :thumbsup_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Witt sorry that I was using an outdated name for the action event, you are correct that lookup spreadsheet row would do what I was suggesting. 

However it’s giving unwanted entries, what do you mean by this? do you need to improve the filtering/lookup to limit the rows or entries it is giving to you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Witt!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Witt!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)

Hi @nicksimard 

I never got it to work - to was apparently to complex to sort out. :)
Went with a complete other solution.