Best answer

Is there a way to upload a Zoom meeting recording to YouTube?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm trying to get Zapier to upload a finished meeting recording from Zoom to YouTube. My connected accounts are working fine. So, things currently look like this in my draft Zap:

When 1. New Recording in Zoom

1. Trigger Event = New Recording
  2. Meeting Type = Meeting
  3. Find Data = Successfully pulls in my only current Zoom meeting recording

Do This 2. Upload Video in YouTube

1. Title = Topic: Pulls in name of my calendar event (which is the name of my meeting, which is perfect)
  2. Description = I can type in something here as a standard description, so that's great.
  3. Then (and I think this is when it breaks down) Video = It doesn't give me a video FILE; it only gives me an option for the Video share URL.

I was wondering if the fix could be to add in a middle step between the two that would fix it. Something like:

1. New meeting recording in Zoom
  2. Download meeting recording (to somewhere) from Zoom share URL (I think?)
  3. Then, upload that file to YouTube.

But, I'm not seeing a way to do that. Anyone know how to make this work? Am I on the right track?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2020, 02:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Heads up that I did find this third-party app that you can install via Zoom but it's an additional $4.99 a month. I've sent open tickets to both the Zapier and Zoom support teams, requesting this be made a regular feature, though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@FDittmar and @TAUSC - I’ve added you both to this feature request, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @markbriant! I’ve gone ahead and added you to that feature request as well :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Danvers where should I go to add my vote to ‘added to the feature request for Zoom to add a download url’? I could put that to use for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dononvanwatts - I just added you 🙌

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

UPDATE!

As you can read in this article, Zoom’s New Recording trigger now downloads files!!

There are some caveats, so be sure to have a look at that link above. But, hopefully, this helps a lot of y’all out :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey there!

Unfortunately I had already tried the Share URL in the "Video" field and this is what it keeps returning (note that I've covered over the Title and Description fields here for privacy purposes but those are correctly filled in, so they're not what's causing the issue.

This seems like one of the most basic Zaps—why is there no way to take a Zoom recording and upload it to YouTube? That's not actually a question for you; it's rhetorical. I'm just so bummed!

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 7.17.45 PM.png

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks so much, @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu! Great ideas. Might not be an immediate fix, but here's hoping it means some solutions in the future.

Userlevel 1

Having the same problem. Why would we need a feature request if the functions are already there in zapier? If youtube can’t pull a file from zapier, why is it available as a zap?

Userlevel 1

Heads up that I did find this third-party app that you can install via Zoom but it's an additional $4.99 a month. I've sent open tickets to both the Zapier and Zoom support teams, requesting this be made a regular feature, though.

having serious problems with this app, get this error - no response from their support yet.

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Davidh88: This topic has been solved! Zapier/Zoom added this functionality (see the thread), so this is no longer an issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey, everyone! I’m realizing that I got an individual email from Zapier and that the step-by-step solution wasn’t posted here (as far as I can tell, though there are more than 40 replies on this thread and I haven’t read through all of them). Here’s what you need to do, and why some of you are experiencing the error + how to skip sending data (as that will keep giving you an error, but the zap still works). Note at the end, too, they addressed the fact that video uploads can’t be added to a specific Playlist in YouTube, but that they’re considering that feature, as well.

This is the exact email text I got from Zapier. Hopefully it’s helpful—

//

With that Video field, you'll want to make sure to just use the Video Files Download URL there and remove that other value there:

0cf9bca6550fc06d56c96472d859de44.png
(view larger)

Then, since that sample value shows as empty (but the live runs will have live data there), you can just click the Skip Test button to get past that error:

f1ca8388da8569a91ae0f4a3612e99ef.png
(view larger)

As for adding that video to a playlist in Youtube, I can see that the Youtube app currently doesn't support that.

Although that's not something that app currently offers, I can see that other users are interested in having something similar. Because of that, I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf. This means that if this feature does get developed by that team, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

While we can't guarantee that all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform, so we thank you for it.

I hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 1

@Danvers , can you please add me to the feature request for Zoom to add a download url too please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Danvers , can you please add me to the feature request for Zoom to add a download url too please?

Hey @Jodie - I just added you. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Florent I’ve added you to that feature request, which means that you’ll get an email if we have an update. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers and @steph.n I also need this feature.

Best regards,
Florent

Userlevel 1

Hi again @Danvers and @steph.n, how can we stay updated about this feature request evolution?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Florent I’ve added you to that feature request, which means that you’ll get an email if we have an update. Thanks!

Thank you @Danvers but is there a public thread about this feature request I could see? Who made existing Zoom features for Zappier? Zoom dev team? Zappier dev team? other? As a developer, can I contribute?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Sue M @boc @Ali @roUpekkha @BBadmin ​​​@David Palfreyman @www404 You have all been added to the feature request :)

Userlevel 1

I would also love to be kept up to date on this please, would be super useful for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Florent! That’s a great question! 

The Zoom Zapier integration was created and is maintained by Zoom. The majority of app integrations are created by the team that owns the app, though Zapier does handle some. It’s not possible for outside developers to contribute to app integrations as they are either managed by the app teams or by our own developers. 

In terms of a public thread discussing this feature request, there isn’t one I’m afraid. We don’t manage feature requests and bugs with our app partners in this Community, though we can add users to feature requests and issues and will update any threads here in the Community when we have an update. 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

@Danvers , can you please add me to the feature request for Zoom to add a download url please? It will be very helpful for me. Really need this feature to move recordings directly from zoom to youtube.

Thanks,

Have you really managed to make this app work?
I did it and some files are just not uploaded and some are incomplete which is in my workflow not acceptable

I would love some feedback on this

and please @nicksimard add me to this feature request

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Brandi

Welcome!

Have you tried mapping the Zoom share URL in the Youtube field where it asks for a file?

I ask, because if that link is a direct video file, Zapier will be smart enough to download the video and upload to Youtube.

If you get any sort of error, it means it's not a direct video file link (and I think it won't be sadly), meaning your workaround wouldn't work either and you won't be able to do this.