Best answer

Integrating Zapier with Teachable and Slack

• 22 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello, I'm fairly new to all of this so I’m hoping to find some help here.

I'm going to be selling subscriptions to an online educational course through a website called "Teachable" and part of the deal will be that the buyer will get an invitation to a private “Slack” channel. (Slack is basically discussion boards)

Is there a way to integrate Slack to Teachable via Zapier so that when someone purchases the program, they will be sent an invitation? and also, when the year subscription is up, they will be removed from the Slack private channel if they do not resubscribe?

Hope to hear back.
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 25 May 2020, 15:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@madeformotus 

Sadly, it’s not possible to use Zapier to automate the process of inviting someone new to your Slack community.

The only thing you can do is invite an existing user in your Slack community to a new channel created within it.

You also can’t remove someone from a channel (or the Slack community as whole) using Zapier.

Userlevel 1

when a student enrolls in a course in teachable, you can create an user in slack using the student's info and then invite that user to the channel in slack.  but most probably you will not be able to  remove them from channel if they cancel their subscription . You can set up a email notification to notify you to remove them from the slack channel when they cancel the subscription