If you could automate any part of your day, what would it be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Some fun for a Friday - if you could automate any part of your day, what would it be?

My first thought was making my morning coffee, but I actually enjoy the ritual of doing that manually.

I think I'd love a Zap that looks like this:

• Trigger: Lunch = finished
  • Action: Add plate and cutlery to dishwasher
  • Action: Wipe down kitchen surfaces

That would definitely save me some time, ha ha.

What about y'all? What Zaps would you like to make your every day life a little smoother 🙂

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Haha, like you @Danvers I actually find making coffee, doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen quite a relaxing distraction from emails and client work.

Now, if I could find a way to automate the process of switching off my brain and falling asleep each night, that would be a different thing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Andrew_Luhhu if you find a way to do that, please let me know! Also please let me invest as you'd soon be a millionaire if you find a way to share the secret, ha ha!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Travel! I'm waiting for the day when I can use a ride share app to summon a Tesla, get in and get dropped at work without having to worry about parking or even owning a car 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@paulminors Travel can be a real pain, yeah. I do love working remotely so my commute is from my kitchen to my office!

I'll tell you what though, if there was a way to automate international flights - that would be amazing. Even if you could only automate the whole check-in/security procedure, that would be amazing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Danvers Sadly, in the world we live in, online checkin and TSA-pre check is about as close as we're likely to get.😅

An app that could get real-time traffic data from one API, data on airtport wait times for another API and combine it to set your alarm and call an Uber with just the right amount of time to spare... now that would be a game changer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I run an Airbnb so I would love to Trigger on new GCal events, delay until the end date, and then automate all of the cleaning! What a time/money saver that would be. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I feel for you Airbnb lot @jesse. When are they going to release a decent API?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Oh my goodness! Definitely something around:

• Trigger: 2pm (Late Lunch Time) + 7pm (Late Dinner Time)
  • Action: Post to me on Slack with 3 options for food
  • Action: Make whatever food I selected and deliver it to me at my desk

What's funny is that I'm sure there is a Slack extension mixed with food delivery service that already does this. (Also sounds kinda expensive though...)

My biggest problem though is that I get roped up into work and productive work sessions and forget to eat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh wow, @alex, that is genius! I'd love something that takes the hassle out of thinking about food. Just give me a couple of options and I'll pick one, brilliant, ha ha!

This is not a hard job I think. You can get help from zapier support. Thes are really awesome.