Best answer

How to send an auto-reply in slack when someone DMs me?

• 16 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

So my pals and I have a very small (only four of us) and informal workspace where we DM each other and share stuff. I’d like to be able to set a custom message response when anyone DMs me. For instance, if I’m playing a full screen game, I want to be able to set something like “I’m playing a game, DM me on discord” or something similar. This seems like it should be really easy, but I can’t figure out how to do it - there isn’t a trigger event for getting a DM. I’ve tried using my slack ID as a custom value, but I can’t get that to work.

Someone else asked about this 7 months ago, but there was no reply that explains how to do this.

Anyone?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 27 April 2021, 02:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Xylem Flow,

interesting idea. As you already mentioned there is no trigger for DMs in Slack. Maybe this is something you can work with thou? Let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Xylem Flow!

I took a look at the Slack API docs and I don’t see anything that would allow you to get DMs (it’s possible that I missed something).

You could also post in our Hire a Pro forum to see if anyone is able to help you out :) 

Hi,

Have you figured out coding or a way of automatic DMs? I would like to integrate it on my site to automatically send quick responses to my clients.