Best answer

How to export and upload a file as a .csv

• 29 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m new to zapier. I have a Zapier integration with a cloud based system called Arlo. It is exporting data fine into Zapier.  Zapier then sends this data to MS Excel 365 into a spreadsheet. This Spreadsheet then uploads to Brick FTP. All fine. however the format the excel file is uploaded to is .xslx

Our internal sales and accounts pacakage requires this file to be in .csv format in order to pull the file in from Brick FTP.

Is there any way in which I can convert the .XLSX file to CSV? there does not seem to be a way to convert it.

I have seen another post where it suggests to use Google Sheets and make the sheet publically accessible for the ZAP to be able to see the document and convert it, but this concerns me as the data we are handling contains customer information and needs to be securely handled.

Thank you for any tips/suggestions.

Regards

Dan

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 31 July 2020, 16:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Thunderstarter ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome!

I’m unsure if this is possible outside of the method Danvers mentions in this post, but perhaps someone can chime in if they have had success with an alternative method!