Best answer

How to copy spreadsheet and keep the shared functionality?

• 9 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I like to fire off Salesforce to make a copy of a Master google spreadsheet that is shared with several people. I am able to make a copy of the Master spreadsheet, but I am not able to keep ‘share it with the same people’ functionality.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

icon

Best answer by d.nieuwelink@sig.eu 16 November 2020, 17:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @d.nieuwelink@sig.eu 

You can use a “Google Drive->Add File Sharing Preference” step to set a sharing scope of any file in your drive and create a share link for it. Does that get you there?

Userlevel 1

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the tip I will set this up and see if it works for us.

Userlevel 1

It seems I needed another step in between :blush:

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu or anyone else :-)

Coming back to this sharing of the file option, to share the new file with people I can use ‘Anyone at your organization with the link can edit’ which works fine.

Is there also a possibility that keeps the ‘Share it with the same people’ option? I can’t find it in the zap possibilities. 

When you make manually a copy of an existing Google sheet you have this option. I am hoping that I can also do this with my Zap

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@d.nieuwelink@sig.eu Sadly, if it’s not one of the options in the zap dropdown, then it can’t be done in Zapier.

Would you like me to flag this so someone from the Zapier team can create this as a feature request for you?

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  Would you like me to flag this so someone from the Zapier team can create this as a feature request for you?

That would be nice. :thumbsup_tone3:

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Just a note, normally when you the functionality ‘copy document’ and ‘share it with the same people’ the protected field in the document stay the same as the original sheet. That is also what we want. It seems now that I loose the protected cells functionality when we use ‘add file sharing ...’ So this requirement needs maybe to be added to the request. :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Flagged :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @d.nieuwelink@sig.eu - Thanks for the request. You’ve been added and will be contacted via email should we have any updates to share. Thank you!