Best answer

How to call webhook url and not open an html result page?

• 26 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

I use Zapier webhook to find and update a record in AirTable. I put that link in the email and sent to someone. But when the person clicked on the link, webhook got called and opened up an html page with the result of the webhook calling. Is it possible not to open the html page? I did try silent mode but it still opened up a new web page. Or do I have to use other method completely?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 26 February 2020, 10:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You may want to to check out Integromat which allows you to set a direct URL after a webhook link is clicked (but not stop it completely)

Webhooks (scroll to "Responding to webhooks")

Userlevel 3

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu - Andrew, Thank You for your response.

Here is what I would like to accomplish:

1. send an email to someone with a link
  2. when that person clicks the link it calls some function in Zapier (or somewhere else)
  3. that function in turn looks into a database (AirTable) to find a record for of that person
  4. then updates a field in the record

Currently I do all these actions using Zapier integrating with AirTable.

Can you or anyone suggest the alternative or other solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@NoiNah - Unfortunately it's not possible to stop the webhook from opening a browser tab when someone clicks it.

Userlevel 3

When silent mode was ticked, after webhook was called, html page was still be opened (but this time with no content).