Best answer

How can I build a lookup table using 2 lists?

• 8 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Does anyone know how to build a look up table, using the 1st list for keys and a 2nd list for values?

For instance:

1. [“Start Date”, “Allergies”, “Allergy Details”]
  2. [“02/01/2021”, ”Yes”, “No pork”]

The Zap should convert these lists to this lookup table, where I can look up key=“Allergies” and get output=“Yes”:

• Start Date: 02/01/2021
  • Allergies: Yes
  • Allergy Details: No pork
icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 8 January 2021, 14:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@helenmerlin - You might want to give a try to one of my custom integrations. You can use it to achieve what you described above. Check out the screenshots below.

Invite Link: https://zapier.com/developer/public-invite/124523/97233f2cc2b7cc0a321afdc3e77de0b3/

Userlevel 2

Wow @ikbelkirasan thank you so much! What an elegant solution :) Very grateful to have you around as a moderator :pray_tone2: Happy new year!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@helenmerlin - You’re welcome! Happy new year to you, too :)

Userlevel 2

@ikbelkirasan can you modify the Transform tool so that if the Key list and Value lists are empty or (null), the Zap will still complete with (null) value? I don’t want it to fail and stop the entire Zap

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@helenmerlin - Sure, can you try again and let me know if it’s working as intended?

Userlevel 2

@ikbelkirasan it’s not working yet. Here is the screenshot of input & output. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@helenmerlin - Thanks for the feedback! Can you refresh the page then try again?

Userlevel 2

@ikbelkirasan it works like a charm! You rock! :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@helenmerlin - Haha great! Glad I could help :)