Best answer

Help with in line email attachments that are zipped

• 14 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I get an automated email every monday, and I want to take the .png file that is embedded in the email and push it to other apps (end result will be displayed on a screen in the office). I'm hitting a snag - i tried the auto-attachments save through gmail but the email has a few inline attachments so it zips all these into a folder. I tried zapier parser but can't seem to get a URL for the .png file I want as the html uses CID. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by zherb 15 January 2020, 14:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@zherb welcome to the community!

Have you looked into either of the following? They handle attachments better than parser by Zapier.

Email Parser Software & Workflow Automation Powerful email parser software | Parseur

Userlevel 1

Just got it done with mailparser. Sucks though, didn't want to have to pay for another service to get it done

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know that mailparser.io did the trick here!

Userlevel 1

FWIW, I was dead set on not having to use another service I had to pay for. The task was small, but Parseur wasn't capable of it (so I could use the free service). So what I did was I had Zapier save "all attachments" in a dropbox folder then I used Hazel to unzip and look for the .png file I need, rename and move the .png file where I wanted it to go. A few more steps but all automated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Nice work @zherb that's a sweet workaround with hazel!

If you wanted to keep it all online/with Zapier you could also use Convert API to unzip/extract the file contents.

ConvertAPI Integrations | Connect Your Apps with Zapier The free plan with convertapi has a limit of 1,500 second a month. So it depends on how many zip files and how long it takes convertapi to unzip the file as to how many times you could run this under the free package. I've had good success with some zaps keeping it under this limit, but that was PDF to JPG, infrequently.

As with a lot of things in workflow automation there are lots of options, finding the best solution for you is the goal!