Best answer

Google Contacts name is not updated when first name is updated using Zapier

• 19 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have this use case in Zapier with Google Contacts
1) Search Google Contact using First Name + Last name 
2) Update the above Google Contact’s First name using the id from the above step

What happens with Step 2 is that, on updating the first name in a Google Contact using Zapier, DOES NOT update the full name.This makes the new name not searchable.Any workarounds to update the name correctly using Zapier(or an alternative) would be helpful

icon

Best answer by Shilpa 19 November 2020, 11:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Shilpa 

This is odd! I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Thanks. I have been in touch with Zapier support for this and the final reply was  “I chatted with my team for more context. It appears as though the API that we are using doesn't update the Full Name if you update the Frist or Last names.
Despite this being the expected behavior as it is what happens when you are manually making these changes, it isn't something their API is able to support at the moment.”

Really odd because Search and Create works correctly. I am also looking at other apps or workarounds for just this one use case of updating the first name/last name as the full name correctly. Any ideas on this would be great.

Tried the same in Integromat and it works fine.

So will transfer the data using webhook to Integromat and workaround this issue.