Best answer

Following up with sales team after event

• 25 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I am trying to follow up with an external sales team through email after an event ends. We do NOT share a CRM which has complicated this.

Here's what I thought I could do

Zap 1:

• Call center uses airtable form with lead information
  • Zapier creates a google event with relevant lead information in it
  • I manually add a closer based off location and availability

Zap 2

• After google event ends, zapier sends an email to the closers email asking how the proposal went

The issue here is that if I create an event with two guests (lead and closer), I can't send an email to ONLY the closer.

If I could make a custom property titled closer, I could, but that doesnt seem possible with Google Calendar.

Just typing this out, has made me think of a less than ideal situation where I create two google events, one for the closer and one for the lead, though I'd rather not do that.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Also I use Pipedrive CRM for myself if there were a way to create a follow up after an activity matching a stage is over that would likely work since Pipedrive supports custom properties, though I looked and didnt see the ability to do exactly that..

Open to suggestions :)

Thanks,

Jacob

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 25 February 2020, 17:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Jacob

In the event description you should add the closer information in the following format:

"Closer:john.smith@gmail.com"

Make sure it's the last thing written in the event description - i.e, no other text follows it.

Then add a "Formatter->Text->Split Text" step to the zap. The "Input" should be the event description, the "Separator" should be 'Closer:' and the "Segment" should be 'Last'.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 17.34.43.png

The output of that step will be the email address.